This section assumes that STAFProc is running and you have installed STAF GUI on your machine. Otherwise, see the STAF V3 User’s Guide for instruction on starting STAFProc and the Installation Guide for instruction on installing STAF GUI.
In addition to the above assumption, it is also assumed that STAFProc is running with the default instance name, which is “STAF”. Otherwise, see Editing a pool for instruction on setting STAF instance name.
In this tutorial you are going to use the STAF GUI to list the services on your local machine. Without STAF GUI, you achieve this by typing the following command at the command prompt and pressing the Enter key.
STAF LOCAL SERVICE LIST SERVICES
- Start STAF GUI. See for instructions on starting QuickSTAF. When you start STAF GUI, for the very first time, a pool named “Default” and a machine named “LOCAL” is added for you.
- Since the list all services functionality is provided by the “Service” service, you need to add the service on LOCAL machine. Right-click on the LOCAL machine.
- Choose Add Services.
- In the Services window, select the SERVICE row under the
- In the Services window, click the Add button.
- Now the SERVICE service is displayed under the LOCAL machine.
- Expand the SERVICE service.
- Select the LIST command.
- In the Option pane, select the SERVICES option from the drop-down list.
- Observe that the request was composed in the Submit drop-down combination box. Click the Submit button.
- Now, services are listed in the Response tabbed section. Scroll the response area to see the list of all the services.
In STAF GUI, this is how you send a request to any service in any machine.